Friday, October 16, 2009

Youth News

Scott and Amanda Frame Share Exciting News from Wednesday Night, Oct. 13:

Wednesday night was great. God is always at work, but sometimes it's more obvious than others. Kids are bringing kids who are bringing kids. Praise GOD!
We began as always with food, fun, and friends, just hanging out with one another. We are so grateful for the adult volunteers who work behind the scenes to provide our meals.
We went into the sanctuary for our second Youth Worship Service. A newcomer to our group named Justin played guitar to a Christian remix called “Saved by Grace”. We see In Justin a lot of musical talents that could be very beneficial to the ministry. We have several kids with musical ability, and we hope they will provide the music leadership for this service. Scott brought the message (an outline of the message is at the end of this post).

The kids are very receptive to God’s Spirit. They do not seem to be ashamed or embarrassed to step out in faith. They want Jesus and more of Him. When Scott offered the invitation to make a decision for Christ or come forward to pray, there were so many youth that came forward that you couldn’t squeeze another body at the front. Also, many youth prayed together in their seats. One youth gave his life to Christ. That makes 2 since the beginning of the school year. Praise God!! Several youth texted us later to thank us for being there for them.

Overall, we could not have asked for anything more. God is faithful and wonderful. We are so excited to see our youth grow in prayer and worship.

OUTLINE OF SCOTT'S MESSAGE, "A FRESH START"

IDENTIFY THE PAIN Recognize that we all are hurt or wounded and we need to know where it comes from
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord . . . (Isaiah 6:1)
WHY should I change?

IT’S ALL ABOUT GOD realize that if God is not at the center of our life something else will be. Does it have to power to give you a fresh start?
. . . I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory" (Isaiah 6:1).
WHO is my God?

REVEAL THE TRUTH ABOUT MYSELF Spiritual honesty
"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips . . .”
(Isaiah 6:5).
WHERE is my heart?

RELEASE THE PAST We are forgiven so lets forgive ourselves
With it, he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for” (Isaiah 6:7 NIV).
Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them . . . And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone (Psalm 32:5 NLT).

He forgives all my sins . . . (Psalm 103:3 ).
WHAT am I holding on to?

SAY “YES” TO GOD the time is now!!!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8 )
WHEN will I get started?

Scott would like to credit Doug Fields, Youth Minister of Saddleback Church, for some of the ideas in this sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment